- Egg Patterns - Classic cold weather fly fishing pattern. Fish it with a dropper rig with a natural fly on the bottom and an egg on top.
- Pheasant Tail - The everyday fly fishing standard. Fish it on a dropper rig or by itself. Bead head versions give you some more weight in riffles and higher water.
- Adams - No hatches this time of year but fall fly fishing anglers love to cast a dry every now and then. Use these on warm, sunny days in calm pools or drifted through small riffles.
- Sculpin - Effective minnow imitation that can be fished slow, stripped fast or floated. Great for covering a ton of water and staying warm.
- Hare's Ear - Similar to the Pheasant Tail, the Hare's Ear is a generalist when it comes to flies. Perfect to drop behind an Adams to drift on its own.
FISH CHAT Articles
Fishing news, tips and articles on everything fishing.
Love fishing and can write about your experiences?
Our FISH CHAT blog is looking for content to give Pennsylvania anglers the best information and most useful fishing tips. If you are interested, please visit our contact page to get in touch with us.
Popular Mentored Youth Trout Fishing Scheduled for March 25, April 8. [PRNewswire]
Therapy exemptions for fishing licenses. [ABC27]
No Ice: Mild Winter Hinders Ice Fishing Season [Your Erie]
Bad Winter for Ice Fishing [The Times]
475 of the World's Best Hunting and Fishing Guides Coming to Harrisburg [FOX 43]
Recent Fishing Articles